By Global Services on August 13, 2021
It’s that time again – another General Services Administration (GSA) Multiple Award Schedule ( MAS) Refresh is underway! On August 12, 2021, the GSA Federal Acquisition Service (FAS) team hosted a webinar to discuss the changes coming to the MAS solicitation and its templates. We’ve outlined some key updates below.
Refresh #7 Price Proposal Template (PPT) Updates
Applicable to All Service Offers:
- Instructions will be updated across all tabs for consistency.
- Reference to Translation & Language Services will be removed.
- Special Item Number (SIN) 541930 – Translation and Interpretation Services and SIN 611630 – Linguistic Training and Education will now have their own PPT in the Available Offerings and Requirements.
- A revised Pricing Terms tab will feature pricing information like percentage breakdown of gross sales and quantity/volume discounts offered to Most Favored Customers (MFCs) and GSA.
- Formulas and data elements for the Fixed Escalation tab will be revised.
- Dropdown additions to reflect security clearances and a new substitution for degree column will be added.
Applicable to All Information Technology Category (ITC) SIN Service Offers:
- The Non-Transactional Data Reporting (TDR)/TDR IT Offer and Modifications Requirements Supplemental PPT template will be removed. GSA has determined that this requirement is redundant, as this content is captured in other solicitation package documents.
Applicable to all Product Offers:
- The template will be revised to remove all Trade Agreement Act (TAA) non-compliant Countries of Origin (COOs) from the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) CODE Key tab and a drop down menu will be added across tabs to outline proposed products.
- Further efforts are in the works to make the Product PPT template align with the Services PPT.
- SIN 561612 – Protective Service Occupations Supplemental PPT will be removed, as these data elements are duplicated in required offer documents for offers and modifications.
Refresh #7 SIN Updates
Human Capital Category – Background Investigative Services
- Background Investigative Subcategory (D01): SIN 561611 – Human Resources (HR) Support – Pre Employment Background Investigations’ title will be changed to Background Investigations and the scope will be revised to include background investigation services that occur at any time (vs. the current SIN scope that limits to pre-employment activities).
Professional Services Category
- Environmental Services Subcategory (H02): SIN 562112 – Hazardous Waste Disposal’s scope will be expanded to include medical, pharmaceutical, and low-level radiological waste disposal. GSA will develop an Ordering Guide and acquisition planning package for SIN 562112 on GSA.gov. Documents needed for this new scope include:
- A copy of the most recent audit (external or internal) to show regulatory compliance.
- Copies of all current federal, state, and local certifications.
- A description of the contractor’s compliance training/certification program.
- Financial Services Subcategory (HO3): GSA will add SIN 524292INS – Third Party Administration of Insurance and Pension Funds (North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) 524292).
- SIN Description: Provides financial services related to third party administration of insurance and pension funds, such as claims adjudication and processing and other administrative services to insurance carriers, employee benefit plans, and self-insurance funds. Additionally, medical coding, medical billing, medical claims and appeals, insurance claim processing, managing and distributing claims reimbursements may be performed. Ancillary support services may include providing customer service education and outreach, project and program management, compliance and dispute resolution support, provider outreach, and data reporting support, benefit design, prescription drug formulary, enrollment assistance, consolidated billing, identification of billing mistakes, stop loss coverage, and state and federal billing.
- Technical and Engineering Services (Non-IT) Subcategory (H09): GSA will add SIN 541990 – All other Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services (Non-IT) (NAICS 541990).
- SIN Description: Services provided include professional, scientific, and technical services not covered under other SINs. Examples include, but are not limited to, the following: appraisal services (except real estate); crisis management; emergency preparedness; emergency management; commodity inspector services; mathematical (both theoretical and applied) and statistical (both theoretical and applied) professional services; performance and impact evaluation services (related to a scientific or technical project); public health planning services; and weather forecasting services.
Transportation and Logistics Category
- Transportation of Things Subcategory (K05): GSA will revise SIN 532111 – Automotive Equipment Rental and Leasing, Rental Supplemental Vehicle Program (RSVP) to allow vehicles that are up to four (4) years old vs the current (2) and have up to 60,000 miles on the odometer vs the current 40,000.
Refresh #7 Clause and Provision Updates
Technical amendments will be applied to the following clauses in the solicitation per Federal Acquisition Circular (FAC) and General Services Administration Acquisition Regulation (GSAR) Change 132:
Contractors, be on the lookout for MAS Refresh #7 and its correlating mass modification to drop on August 31, 2021. The mass modification must be accepted within 90 days of the Refresh release.
Looking for assistance with securing or updating your GSA Schedule contract? Contact Global Services today for more information on how we can help!