By Global Services on July 31, 2020
What is GSA eBuy?
GSA’s eBuy is a powerful acquisition tool used by thousands of Federal agencies and industry vendors to bring ease and versatility to online procurement.
Through the GSA eBuy system, federal agencies can prepare and post RFIs/RFQs for products and services offered on Schedule, find sources of supply, conduct market research, and procure complex requirements. Once posted, these agency RFQs (including a Statement Of Work (SOW)), will be dispersed to industry partners assigned under the correlating Schedule and SIN.
Updates Coming to eBuy
Due to the broad scope of certain SINs, Subgroups were created to highlight specialized products and services that are offered under those SINs. When vendors select Subgroups of offerings their company specializes in, agency customers can find applicable contractors with ease when they conduct their searches (both in eBuy and eLibrary).
On August 1, 2020, GSA’s eBuy will allow contractors to self-certify under specific SIN Subgroups of products/services their company offers on Schedule. This function optimizes the market research process for agencies and offers a quick turnaround for sources of supply.
Note: even if you used this functionality under your legacy contract, you would need to re-establish these Subgroups under the new, Consolidated SIN structure. The selection of Subgroups will not prevent vendors from seeing opportunities posted under their awarded SIN. This self-certify inclusion is solely to provide a more in-depth look at each vendor’s capabilities, simplifying the acquisition process for agency and industry participants.
SIN Subgroups Available to Select
The following SINs will have Subgroups available to select, effective August 1, 2020:
- 561210FAC – Facilities Maintenance and Management
- 541690E – Energy Services
- 332311P – Pre-Engineered and Prefabricated Buildings and Structures for Storage Solutions
- 532490P – Lease/Rental of Pre-Engineered/Prefabricated Buildings and Structures
- 333241 – Food Preparation Equipment
- 336999 – Food Center Concepts
- 333318F – Floor Care Cleaning and Equipment
- 335999 – Power Distribution and Solar Energy Solutions
- 325612 – Disinfectants, Sterilants and Deodorizers
- 325998 – Chemical Additives
- 325611 – Cleaning Products
- 54151HACS – Highly Adaptive Cybersecurity Services (HACS)
- 517312 – Wireless Mobility Solutions
- 54151S – Information Technology Professional Services
- 54151ECOM – Electronic Commerce and Subscription Services
- 511210 – Software Licenses
- 33411 – Purchasing of new electronic equipment
- 339940OS4 – OS4 Office Products and Supplies
- 541611 – Management and Financial Consulting, Acquisition and Grants Management Support, and Business Program and Project Management Services
- 562112 – Hazardous Waste Disposal Services
- 541211 – Auditing Services
- 522310 – Financial Advising, Loan Servicing and Asset Management Services
- 541330ENG – Engineering Services
- 562910REM – Environmental Remediation Services
- 541930 – Translation and Interpretation Services
- 541614 – Deployment, Distribution and Transportation Logistics Services:
- 541620 – Environmental Consulting Services
- 561621H – Harbor/Waterfront Security Products and Services and Professional Marine Security Services
- 339113LAB – Laboratory Equipment and Products
- 334515 – Diagnostic, Measuring and Testing Equipment
- 334516 – Analytical Instruments
- 333997 – Scales and Balances
- 332439 – Shipping, Cargo, Freight, and Storage Containers
How to Select SIN Subgroups
In a notice to all GSA Schedule contract holders, GSA’s MAS PMO outlined the quick, three-step process to select your SIN Subgroups:
- Step 1: Log in to your vendor profile in eBuy
- Step 2: Click on the Modify Subgroups button located on the right hand side of the screen
- Step 3: Select applicable subgroups for each SIN
If you experience any technical difficulties with updating your eBuy profile, you can contact Vendor Support Center’s help center staff by calling 877-495-4849 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your team needs assistance maintaining your MAS contract, reach out to our team of GSA MAS specialists today!