By Global Services on July 1, 2022
Since the consolidation of the Multiple Award Schedule (MAS), the General Services Administration (GSA) has released frequent Refreshes to account for policy changes and streamline the submission process. On June 30, 2022, GSA released MAS Refresh #13, to update particular clauses and Special Item Numbers (SINs). We’ve listed the changes below.
New MAS Solicitation Clauses
The following clauses have been added:
- 238-199 – SPECIAL ORDERING PROCEDURES APPLICABLE WHEN PROCURING CLOUD COMPUTING ON A CONSUMPTION BASIS (MAR 2022)
- 238-81 – PRICE REDUCTIONS (MAY 2019) (DEVIATION – DEC 2021)
Updates to Previous MAS Clauses
Updates have been made to the clauses/provisions to keep current and accommodate Federal Acquisition Circular (FAC) 2022-06 and GSA Regulation (GSAR):
- 216-22 – INDEFINITE QUANTITY (OCT 1995)
- G-FSS-900-C – CONTACT FOR CONTRACT ADMINISTRATION (DEC 2019)
- 222-62 – PAID SICK LEAVE UNDER EXECUTIVE ORDER 13706 (JAN 2022)
- 238-111 – ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY REGISTRATION REQUIREMENT (JAN 2022)
- 238-115 – SPECIAL ORDERING PROCEDURES FOR THE ACQUISITION OF ORDER-LEVEL MATERIALS (APR 2022)
- 238-73 – IDENTIFICATION OF ELECTRONIC OFFICE EQUIPMENT PROVIDING ACCESSIBILITY FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES (MAR 2022)
- 225-1 – BUY AMERICAN SUPPLIES (NOV 2021)
- 223-99 – ENSURING ADEQUATE COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS FOR FEDERAL CONTRACTORS (OCT 2021) (DEVIATION)
- 238-82 – MODIFICATIONS (FEDERAL SUPPLY SCHEDULE) (JAN 2022) (ALTERNATE II MAY 2019)
- 222-54 – EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY VERIFICATION (MAY 2022)
- 212-5 – CONTRACT TERMS AND CONDITIONS REQUIRED TO IMPLEMENT STATUTES OR EXECUTIVE ORDERS – COMMERCIAL PRODUCTS AND COMMERCIAL SERVICES (MAY 2022)
- 212-3 – OFFEROR REPRESENTATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS – COMMERCIAL PRODUCTS AND COMMERCIAL SERVICES (MAY 2022)
Clause Change Highlights
- MAS contractors will be allowed to take an exception (while any relevant injunctions prohibiting enforcement remain in effect) to Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) Clause 52.223-99 (October 2021 Deviation) – Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors.
- Clarification will be added to 52.223-3 – HAZARDOUS MATERIAL IDENTIFICATION AND MATERIAL SAFETY DATA (FEB 2021) (ALTERNATE I – JUL 1995):
- “NOTE: Safety Data Sheets, hazardous material labels and other relevant data should not be submitted to the MAS Contracting Officer. This information should be provided directly to the ordering activity in accordance with this clause.”
Facilities (B) Large Category (Facilities Services Subcategory (B02)) Changes:
Mentioned in Refresh #12 and now taking place in #13, SIN 561210FS – Facilities Support Services has retired. This SIN was duplicative in scope to SIN 561210FAC (Facilities Maintenance and Management), and Refresh #13 corrects this redundancy.
Information Technology (F) Large Category (IT Solutions Subcategory (F05)) Changes:
- Refresh #13 retires SIN 541519CDM – Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) Tools. After releasing Refresh #12, GSA transitioned SIN 541519CDM contractors to a new logo initiative that features CDM-approved hardware and software products, tools, and services.
- In an effort to streamline the buying process for government and increase vendor participation, GSA is expanding the capabilities for SIN 518210C – Cloud Computing and Cloud Related IT Professional Services to include special ordering procedures for buying commercial cloud computing services on a consumption basis. GSA further notes:
- “This change will not replace or restrict existing practices for acquiring cloud computing services, and will introduce procedures that may be used when an ordering activity wishes to acquire cloud computing on a consumption basis.
- These procedures follow many commercial best practices by providing a method to pay for cloud services based on actual consumption without the need to obligate the entirety of available funds at the start of the contract.”
- Additionally, Refresh #13 revises SIN 518210C instructions to allow a pricing increment length of greater than one month.
Mass Modifications Ahead
GSA did not release mass modifications with their two previous Refreshes (11 and 12). However, within a day of Refresh #13, GSA has already released mass modifications. Make sure to keep an eye out for that group of modifications.
In our 20+ years of business, Global Services has a 100% win rate for MAS Schedule contracts. If you need assistance with MAS modifications or their correlating Mass Mods, reach out to our experts today!